AW: Mailscanner Taking to long to Process Incoming Email

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Mon Jun 25 01:26:53 IST 2007

Hi,

Res wrote:
> NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
>
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Richard Lynch wrote:
>
>> Just a quick comment. ClamAV 0.91 will greatly improve the DB load
>> time.  RC2 was released today and  DB load time is an order of
>> magnitude faster.
>
> I hope so, we are trying to move away from f-prot which has never
> given us any issues, it handles it way better, many many times more
> efficiently
> and faster then clamav which has given us loads well in excess of 15
> on key servers, f-prot rarely if ever above 1.
>

> * Moving away from f-prot because of the stupid per mailbox licensing
> that would see us pay them 1/2 million dollars for our sec MX alone on
> the "off chance" it *might* have to handle all mail for every domain,
> they want to be greedy, so now they get bloody nothing and we'll keep
> clam on it and maybe try clam on key servers again to see if they keel
> over :)

Just moved from clamav to clamavmodule for scanning mail ... in a few
days I will see if it catches all the viruses ...

Before the batch time was 100+ seconds, now its 6+ seconds ...... maybe
also a restart of the server would have been a good idea before trying
to make the change ... but because its so far away, I would not do that
before i'm at the location again ... just a little personal testing
server ...

Running:
FreeBSD 6.2
MailScanner-4.60.8_2