Doubts about PF, what are the pros/cons about other MTAs?

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Sun Jun 24 17:24:52 IST 2007

Hi,

I'm going to replace a Post Fix/amavisd-new/spamassassin setup in the
near future.

My concers is about all the bad stuff that are with Post Fix and Main
Scanner ( just a few days ago a message about corrupted headers was on
the list, Glenn Steen would look at it next week ) ... and that Post Fix
maintainers aint happy with the way MS handles mails from PF ... and so
on ....

Are any of the other MTA's better?
I have used postfix for some time ... but maybe the other is better,
dont know PF that well, so a changed would be accepted.

Of what I have read on the internet ...
Sendmail is old, odd config(some would say) but it works and performs great.
qmail is like PF, settings are spread out into more config files.
Exim, dont know squad about it ...

But what works best with MS ?

My needs: This is only going to be a mailgateway(so no local mail
delivery), so transport is needed to external and internal ip's, witch
must to placed in a database, cause some "Microsoft" people are going to
handle that part of it ...

It will be run on a Dell PowerEdge 860 with freebsd 6.2. handle about
20k mails per day.

Any suggestions on MTA ?

// ouT