Beta release 4.61.3

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Fri Jun 22 23:40:03 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> John Wilcock wrote:
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>>>
>>> No problem. This will be in the next release.
>> While you're updating that, Julian, you might like to add in
>> sa-compile functionality for SA 3.2.x
>
>> It could be as simple as
>>   /usr/bin/sa-update && /usr/bin/sa-compile &> /dev/null \
>>     && /etc/init.d/MailScanner reload
>
>> though I suppose you'd have to test for the existence of sa-compile to
>> allow for those still using 3.1.x.
> Done.

But sa-compile depends on the existence of re2c, and to work it has to be re2c
version 0.12 (perhaps it was 0.11 or later)... I'm not sure what happens if you
have a buggy re2c.  And then there are the problems with old SARE rules, which
did not compile.

Bottom line: is it safe to add that feature?

Hey, I like it, I use it manually but it wasn't just add and go.
--
René Berber