MCP Check not working

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:30:39 IST 2007

On 21/06/07, Mogens Melander <mogens at fumlersoft.dk> wrote:

> On Thu, June 21, 2007 14:12, Glenn Steen wrote:

> >> I must be missing something else, as my mail-headers still show
> >> no MCP score.
> >>
> > If you run through the test I suggested to Daniel, does that work/have
> > the expected result?
> >

> Yes, i did a:
>
> /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner --debug --debug-sa
(snip)
> (And then its just hanging there)
not relevant, and expected:-).

> Arghh, and then i did a:
>
> spamassassin -D -t -C /etc/MailScanner/mcp \
>     --siteconfigpath=/etc/MailScanner/mcp \
>     -p /etc/MailScanner/mcp/mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf \
>     < testmcp.txt 2>&1 |less -e
>
> I noticed that:
>
> dbg: config: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
>
> Which is wrong, and at the end i have: (no report template found)

Blame it on my invocation of spamassassin, I'm sure MCP is setting
this to the /etc/MailScanner/mcp directory (or something equally, and
correctly, empty directory:-).

Since I don't run SA (or MS) as root normally, that dir is essentially
empty for me.

> dbg: check: subtests=
> Subject: this subject is banned

> ------------=_467A75CE.9FD16FEF
>
> (no report template found)
>
> ------------=_467A75CE.9FD16FEF
>
> Subject: this subject is banned
> this text is banned
>
> ------------=_467A75CE.9FD16FEF--
>
> (no report template found)

All well and good, but the relevant thing isn't whether it finds the
report templates, but rather if the expected rules fire or not (and
the accumulated score)... Which should be just above the snippet you
quote here.

Also, look for any syntax errors (or similar) pertaining to your
particular rules.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn