Virus not detected

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Jun 18 20:39:18 IST 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Ed Bruce wrote:

> Anybody get the "perfroma_invoice.doc" virus? Or is it? We have received
> this email attachment twice. I've run the original email through both
> clamav and bdc by hand and it comes up clean. I've extracted the
> attachment and it also comes up clean.
>
> Yes I'm seeing alot of chatter on the internet claiming it really is a
> virus and one person claims to have sent in the signature to clamav so
> it's in their database. But it scans clean for me????

You can send it through http://www.viruspool.net/scan.cms

I will then give it the works with a bunch of scanners.

But to the best of my knowledge this is not a Virus but yet another SCAM.

Some other public services are faster them I am. I hope to automate a lot
somewhere in July when I can work a full week on the project.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)