Beta release 4.61.3

Jeroen Koekkoek jtm.koekkoek at home.nl
Fri Jun 15 00:07:37 IST 2007

Hi,

I agree with the consistency argument! I would like to add that I
personally think that all MailScanner executables should start with ms-,
and that underscores should be replaced by hyphens. By doing this it's
easier to just put those scripts in the /usr/bin or /usr/sbin
directories. Of course the ms- prefix can be replaced by another prefix.

I have another question for Julian: Why are all wrappers scripts that
need to be executed in order to execute the virusscanner. Isn't it
better to put the required code in modules. E.g.
MailScanner::VirusScanner::BitDefender? Leaving out the shell
environment completely is more beautiful. It could even improve
performance as well. I know amavis-ng does have some modules available.
I'd even be interested in helping to migrate/rewrite the code. Please
let me know if I can be of service.

Regards, Jeroen