Invalid postfix queue files (UNCLASSIFIED)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 22:54:56 IST 2007

On 13/06/07, Paul <paul.edlund at comtrol.com> wrote:
> Kash, Howard (Civ, ARL/CISD <hmkash <at> arl.army.mil> writes:
> >
> > After upgrading to MS 4.60.8, MailScanner has started reporting "New Batch:
> Found invalid queue files: <list of queue names>". Each of the queue files
> appears to have a truncated message contents section and 90% of them end
> with "To: undisclosed-recipients:;". There's a total of about 30 of them
> since I upgraded on June 4. Anyone else seeing this? I also upgraded postfix
> from 2.3.9 to 2.3.11 at the same time, but figured I'd start here first since
> the postfix group will blame MailScanner anyway...
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Howard
>

> I'm seeing this also on all three of my MailScanner servers runnning SuSE
> 10.2, MailScanner version 4.61.2 with Postfix 2.4.3

There is a patch (in one of the other messagesin this thread) that
fixes this problem. The messages were completely lacking a body, and I
failed to see this in time... All better now:-)

If I didn't offend Jules too much (I thought I asked nicely for a
beta, but he read it as a more ... assertive statement (rightly so,
english baffels me from time to time:-) ...), he'll find the time and
energy to put this in the next beta (which hopefully isn't too far
off).
Jules, since this affects all postfix systems... Could we have one
rather soonish, please?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn