_DATE_ function in archive

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Jun 13 19:59:58 IST 2007

Alex Neuman a écrit :

> Denis Beauchemin wrote:
>> $shortdate = sprintf("%04d%02d", $year+1900, $month+1);
>>>
>> $archiveplaces =~ s/_SHORTDATE_/$shortdate/g;
>>>
>> With my 2 minor corrections it should substitute _SHORTDATE_ for
>> YYYYMM wherever this matches (assuming this is in the reports or rules).
>>
>> Denis
> Just to make sure I get the gist of it... This *couldn't* be supported
> as some custom function so that it would work across upgrades, right?
> Unless it were added to the next version of MailScanner, this would
> have to be done manually, right?
Right!

You better convince Julian of supporting it if you don't want to have to
patch the code with every new version...

But adding a few lines to one file is not really that difficult...
unless you forget about it...

I for one modify SweepViruses.pm to translate McAfee warnings in French...

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste