FW: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.1 available

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Tue Jun 12 16:16:14 IST 2007

Matt Hayes wrote:
> DAve wrote:
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>> I have just upgraded my ClamAV+SA package to contain the newly
>>> release SpamAssassin 3.2.1.
>>> You can download it from www.mailscanner.info.
>>
>> Has anyone used this package on FreeBSD? I'm not real enamored with
>> the ports system any longer. No offense to the MS port maintainer, it
>> has always worked for us just fine, it is packaging systems in general
>> I have a problem with.
>>
>> Our Mailscanner servers are all dedicated to MS only so I have no
>> problem installing in 'non-freebsd' directories providing everything
>> works as Julian intended.
>>
>> I have a test platform with a fresh copy of FreeBSD 6.2 to try it on
>> if I decide to give it a go.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> DAve
>>

> I know a few people running FreeBSD 6.2 with the latest SA and
> MailScanner installs having no issues at all.
>
> -Matt

My question is on using Julian's prepackaged tarball instead of building
from our own source, or using the FreeBSD ports system. When I built
from source previously I built everything into it's own directory, then
an upgrade (or downgrade) was as simple as moving a directory and
restarting. I would like to go back to that.

It's all for you Matt, I'm just lookin' for ways to make it easier on
you if I get abducted by aliens...

DAve

Veterans?