antivirus timeout = Denial of Service

Nerijus Baliunas nerijusb at dtiltas.lt
Tue Jun 12 14:17:08 IST 2007

Hello,

I got a message form MailScanner to postmaster with Subject Virus Detected:
    Sender: xxx at example.com
IP Address: 216.82....
 Recipient: xxx at example.lt
   Subject: Lenny order
 MessageID: 3EFAE8044D.484E7
Quarantine:
    Report: Denial of Service attack in message!

I looked in the maillog and found this:

Jun 12 13:50:14 mail MailScanner[1744]: Commercial scanner clamav timed out!
Jun 12 13:50:14 mail MailScanner[1744]: clamav: Failed to complete, timed out
Jun 12 13:50:14 mail MailScanner[1744]: Virus Scanning: Denial Of Service attack is in message 3EFAE8044D.484E7

Does it mean the message has been dealt as infected by virus and was deleted?
I will move to clamd, but is it possible to allow the messages to be delivered when
antivirus timeouts?

Regards,
Nerijus