smf-sav causing problems with other networks?

Mike Kercher mkercher at nfsmith.com
Mon Jun 11 15:15:48 IST 2007

James <> wrote on Friday, June 08, 2007 2:58 PM:

: Hello,
:
: After getting a call from a customer, I went to try to validate the
: email address <user>@verizon.net with my favorite tool, sav I got
: this nice message:
:
: sav <user>@verizon.net
: SAV v1.3.0 (C) 2005, 2006 by Eugene Kurmanin - http://smfs.sf.net/
: verizon.net is handled (pri=0): relay.verizon.net Connecting to:
: relay.verizon.net.
: Connected to: relay.verizon.net.
: <<< 571 Email from x.X.x.X is currently blocked by Verizon Online's
:  anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may
: visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the
: block. >>> RSET
: lorimor at verizon.net: Sender address verification failed.
:
:
: The only thing this server sends out to a connecting mail server is
: the sender address verification (aside from "normal" communication)
: so maybe all those folks who are/were against this type of method
: have won. Being the small kid on the block we will always have to
: bend to these larger companies with millions of customers.
:
: <rant>
: I can't confirm that its smf-sav causing the problem, but its the
: first thing that comes to mind. Of course there is no way to actually
: call and talk to someone about this to figure it out. "the worlds
: largest network - not answering calls?" The one tech I was able to
: get in touch with has "no way to contact anyone about the issue".
: Makes me think of those commercials and all those people... nice
: network there </rant>
:
: Has anyone else run into this with verizon specifically?
:
: Seems Im having to give up my tools.
:
: James

I had the same exact problem last week with Verizon.  Although I use
milter-sender, the end result was the same.  I had to go through the
motions of getting whitelisted with Verizon.

-Mike

  ROFL:ROFL:ROFL:ROFL
         __^__
LOL===_        \