Stopping content report if virus found?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 18:54:08 IST 2007

Not sure if I'm going to do a good job of explaining this but here goes.

Our MailScanner is configured to check for viruses using ClamAV and to
check filenames/types using the default conf files that come with
MailScanner.

Let's say I email myself the eicar.com test file from outside the
network.

It's a file that would be blocked as it's a virus, and also because it's
an executable.

As a sender I don't receive a "message blocked" report which is what I
want as it's a virus.

As a recipient I do receive a "someone sent you a virus" report, though
is also gives me the MailScanner report output about the file type: