Invalid postfix queue files (UNCLASSIFIED)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 23:45:12 IST 2007

On 08/06/07, Kash, Howard (Civ, ARL/CISD) <hmkash at arl.army.mil> wrote:

> Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>

> After upgrading to MS 4.60.8, MailScanner has started reporting "New Batch:
> Found invalid queue files: <list of queue names>".  Each of the queue files
> appears to have a truncated message contents section and 90% of them end
> with "To: undisclosed-recipients:;".  There's a total of about 30 of them
> since I upgraded on June 4.  Anyone else seeing this?  I also upgraded
> postfix from 2.3.9 to 2.3.11 at the same time, but figured I'd start here
> first since the postfix group will blame MailScanner anyway...
>

> Thanks,
> Howard
Hi Howard,

Do you employ any milter(s)?
If not, the only changes that could possibly affect PF in that version
of MS would be the spin-through of the body.... and any error in that
would be.... more fatal:-)
As is, I drop any mails hitting the end of the queue file from the
batch, in that code segment. That way, it'll be picked up by the next
one running through hold, hopefully more completely written than
before. The only other way to break out of the loop is by finding the
X record after the body... So any error should have rather disastrous
(in a more prominent way:-) effects.
None of the p record changes actually change how things are stored
into the message object... apart from handling the p records (jumping
to where they point) and w records (just ignoring them, they signify
deleted records) I just let Jules code copy everything as before.

Hm, one would want to get a look at both the queue files _before_ and
_after_ MS. Probably a tad too much to wish for:-).
Could you send us one of them? Or at least the postcat'd result?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn