DomainKeys and DKIM signing support

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Thu Jun 7 23:00:25 IST 2007

Is MailScanner not still the man in the middle between outbound and inbound?

I don't know about sendmail but with exim it goes

	MUA/SMTP->exim-inbound->MailScanner->exim-outbound->SMTP/Mail-Dir

So I would check DKIM on the remote inbound  and sign DKIM on the outbound
SMTP. I assume sendmail must work similarly because MailScanner doesn't
deliver to anything, local or remote, at anytime. Since you would only sign
on outbound remote your MTA couldn't do anything to alter the message. I am
sure the last thing to touch your outbound mail would/should be the entity
that signs, or am I missing something about DK/DKIM?

> Alternative solutions would including placing the messages to
> be signed
> in a different queue and have my own app sign them and put them back
> into the main outgoing queue or using another sendmail gateway running
> dkim-filter to process the messages coming out of MailScanner.
>
> Thoughts appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Kevin Hansard