Rules emporium timeouts

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Thu Jun 7 18:45:01 IST 2007

Hi!

>>> I see the same thing.
>>
>> it a bot attack.. same for uribl.com and surbl.org

> My understanding, from some private communications, is that
> spamhaus.org, rulesemporium.com, uribl.com, and surbl.org all came under
> very heavy DDOS attack about 1700Z yesterday. Spamhaus appears to be
> up-and-running again; I don't know what they're doing to get around the
> attack.

We took the SURBL website down, but boosts up to 150-180 mbit ICMP
traffic is still seen on the hosting machines. With 6 or 7 in total thats
over a gigabit of ICMP crap...

Spamhaus posted also a notification:

http://groups.google.ch/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/msg/28d49877cc8dbc2d

We could also get the site back up but ... its not worth the efford
currently. Ever looked at the SURBL site? I mean, its not really crowded
;)

The rsync servers and DNS is still running, but a lot of people have
issues with rules emporium down, i would advise to not use that some time.

Bye,
Raymond.