MailScanner won't start after upgrade to 4.60.8-1

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jun 7 17:23:44 IST 2007

Quintin Giesbrecht spake the following on 6/7/2007 6:42 AM:
> In my list of processes, I only ever see:
>
> "MailScanner: starting child"
>
> It was working until I upgraded to 4.60.8-1 yesterday.  As a result,
> mail is piling up in my queue, but isn't getting processed.
>
> The logs don't seem to show anything weird, but I have attached my
> maillog to this email.
>
> Can someone please help with this?
>
> TIA
Did you backup before you upgraded?
I have a script that I use to backup before every upgrade, and have an easy
way to restore with one command should the need arrise. It is modified from
the code snippet in the wiki.
I know that this won't help you now, but maybe in the future.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and