MailScanner monitoring

Aaron K. Moore amoore at dekalbmemorial.com
Thu Jun 7 13:39:54 IST 2007

mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2007, Aaron K. Moore wrote:
>>
>> I use Vispan with it's blacklisting feature turned off.
>
> Just curious as to why?  I use Vispan and love the blocking features.

On my old mail server I had problems with it's data store getting
corrupted.  Not to mention it was taking a long time to insert or remove
entries from the access file and to process the maillog. I ended up
writing my own blacklisting program using a custom function I added to
mailscanner.

On my current mail server I just look at the information logged by
MailWatch to generate the blacklist, which is then written out to a file
in rbldnsd format.

--
Aaron Kent Moore
Information Technology Services