MailScanner monitoring

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 13:08:44 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> Is MailScanner-mrtg still being maintained at all? The files on
> Sourceforge seem very old.

as others have said, MS-mrtg is really useful for looking at trends and
for flagging issues (like a growing outbound queue spool). It really
shows up the continuing issue of "orphaned" df files in mqueue.in. As
Res (I think) said, the author is pretty helpful, I submitted a few
cosmetic fixes to him last year and he was quick to incorporate them.

probably not the prettiest graphs out there but I have a years worth of
stats from each relay to show the PHBs (pictures very important).

was interested to hear of some other software in this area altho not
likely to switch due to amount of info already invested in ms-mrtg.

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford