Beta release 4.62.1

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Jun 6 12:06:09 IST 2007

On Wednesday June 06, 2007 at 05:10:35 (AM) Martin.Hepworth wrote:

[snip]

> Outlook top posts by default and my boss says this is the defacto
> standard so I can't change it (don't get me started....;-(

Virtually all MUA's place text at the top of a message when replying.
Only a hand few are capable of being configured to correct that
problem. However, virtually all MUA's will use the <CTRL>+<END> key
combination to move the cursor to the end of a message. Some MUA's
will even allow the user to define their own combination to achieve
this goal. Now, if the user is too stupid, lazy or just inconsiderate
to use that exceedingly easy technique to foil their MUA's poor
message replying technique, then perhaps it is time they considered a
different line of work.

A quick question regarding your posting and business practices. Are
you by any chance posting to this forum on your boss's time? If so is
he aware of it? If the answer to both is no, then what possible
connection is their there between your company's policies and your
message replies to this forum? You would obviously not be using your
company's services and therefore not bound by their policies. You are
free to configure your MUA as you see fit. On the other hand, if you
are allocating resources for your personal use without your company's
consent, then we have a much bigger problem to contend with -- the
possible illegal use of company resources.

--
Gerard

A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?