Upgrade to Fedora 7 and resulting error...

Ryan Pitt ryan-list at marinocrane.com
Tue Jun 5 21:21:52 IST 2007

Hi all,

We just upgraded one of our servers to Fedora 7 and we are now receiving
the following error message when starting MailScanner.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

[root at ns1 MailScanner]# service MailScanner restart
Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:                                      [FAILED]
         incoming sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
         outgoing sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
Starting MailScanner daemons:
         incoming sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
         outgoing sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
         MailScanner:        is only avaliable with the XS version at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Zip.pm line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Zip.pm line 24.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 48.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 79.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 79.
                                                           [  OK  ]