Beta release 4.61.1

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Tue Jun 5 14:07:48 IST 2007

No, I don't think fallback to anything is feasible, the clamd module would
have to init the clamavmodule, and I think the child would have to restart.
I don't think there is a way to fallback to something else in MailScanner.
However you can, and probably should, have more than one virus scanner hence
they back each other up.

It would be possible to add an option to restart the daemon if a problem was
encountered however I leave that up to Julian as it would require running
the hosts init script and I don't know if that is something he would want to
do. However if clamd has a problem your logs will note this and you could
certainly set up a script to run in cron to look for MailScanner clamd
errors and notify you. I personally monitor all my important daemons for
trouble and I have a script that PINGS clamd that runs from cron. I really
haven't had problems with clamd for at least a year and I never restart it.
I only have redhat/centos/fedora based distros though.

Rick

believed to be clean.