Issue with Blackberry

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:38:11 IST 2007

On 04/06/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Gerhard Mourani wrote:
> >
> > Cheers (well, that was yesterday... Testing Single Malts (all Ila)...:-)
> >
> The island is called Islay, but it is pronounced Ila. You got it half
> right :-)
>
> Jules

i think you missed the obvious there Jules... This was typed the day
after....:-). But yes, you are quite correct, Islay it is... The last
one we tasted (I think) was an Caol Ila that had seen final maturing
on Marsala wood
(http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/product.asp?cat_id=D_CAOL&pf_id=0010000029727)...
Might be that that confused me (BTW, after havuig a good sized dram of
a 17 year old Ardbeg (pure bliss!
(http://www.whiskymag.com/whisky/brand/ardbeg/whisky613.html)), that
Caol Ila tasted like turpentine ... Not the best way to close an
otherwise magnificent tasting session;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn