Too many false whitelist

Mark Farmer mark at farmorg.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 22:36:26 IST 2007

Steve Freegard wrote:
> Look at the SpamAssassin Report and see if the USER_IN_WHITELIST or
> USER_IN_DEF_WHITELIST rules are firing; if they are - you are probably
> using the SARE_WHITELIST ruleset enabled via rules_du_jour or sa-update
> so you'll probably have to remove it from these utilities and delete the
> rulesets from /etc/mail/spamassassin, the names of the rulesets are
> 70_sare_whitelist_rcvd.cf and 70_sare_whitelist_spf.cf.

OK, I've tried a couple of things - first I removed the 2 files from
/etc/mail/spamassassin, that didn't help & they were recreated, I think
by the rules_du_jour update?
Then I found /etc/rulesdujour/config & removed SARE_WHITELIST_SPF
SARE_WHITELIST_RCVD & deleted the 2 files again.

So now i'm monitoring to see what happens.

--
Mark Farmer RHCT
mark at farmorg dot co dot uk