Beta release 4.61.1

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Sun Jun 3 04:30:12 IST 2007

[...]

> Also, the configuration mentions the use of "Incoming Work
> Group" but you seem
> to assume that clamd is running as user/group clamav, which
> is not mentioned
> anywhere or certain.  Or the equivalent about permissions,
> clamd needs read
> perms on the incoming directory, which is what the 2 options
> seem to do.
> --
> René Berber

Those were there for the clamdscan (I didn't put them there). Frankly if you
use the default settings clamd is run as root so it's not relevant. However
if you do configure clamd to drop privileges and run as another user it
would matter. That is why I didn't remove those option but I think the
explanation needs altered so it's clear that it doesn't matter if you are
running clamd in the default manner which is as root. My own setup has clamd
listening to both a UNIX socket and the standard port on 127.0.0.1. The only
time this would/should be different would be the case where you have clamd
running on a different host in which case you would, of course, have to use
TCP and it might be running as a non root user.

Rick

believed to be clean.