New Clamav 0.90.3

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jun 1 16:56:18 IST 2007

Jason Ede spake the following on 6/1/2007 1:48 AM:
>> Chris Yuzik wrote:

>>> Ok, that's funny. I was just reading an aricle detailing the
>>> inner-workings of load averages.
>>>
>>> So Julian, what is your load average these days? ;-)
>> I try to keep it below about 0.4 whenever possible. But my folks are
>> coming to see me today, so it'll a bit higher :-)
>> It's not going up to 1 until I have to run the "work" process, which
>> won't happen for another month yet. That tends to consume all available
>> resources, and result in a load avg of 2 or 3 for long periods of time.
>> The only saviour at that point is the "lunch" command which consumes a
>> lot of resources but does nothing. Surprisingly useful at times...
>
> But I bet that’s not as useful as the beer command, which I've been reliably informed works very well with the lunch command, although really need to specify the long format as the short format doesn't seem to work properly...

I don't think Julian runs the beer process, but there are many other processes
that are similar and have the same output.. But I think he is running in
restricted mode right now until the doctor daemon is finished running.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and