inodes problem

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Fri Jun 1 01:22:41 IST 2007

  _____

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Julian
Field
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:04 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: inodes problem

Sometimes mailscanner benefits from a sleep of 10 or so seconds between a
stop

and a start. It gives the children some time to finish dying off.

I wonder if it's killing it, waiting for a couple of seconds for it to die
and then 'kill -9' it, without giving it long enough to clear up. My init.d
script gives is 30 seconds to clear up. Funnily enough, there's a reason for
that. If the cpanel authors think they know better, then what can I say?

[Rick Cooper]

In my own script I use a while loop that waits up to 120 seconds for
MailScanner to stop. Increments a counter at the top, checks to see if the
process is still running (top of the loop), if so waits one second (prints a
dot first)  and repeats until either the MailScanner parent is gone or the
counter has decremented to zero. Prints an error message if MailScanner is
not killed gracefully. It seems like it can take a bit some times depending
on what MS (or children) is doing at the time.

Rick

believed to be clean.