CRM114 version specifics?

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Tue Jul 31 16:35:56 IST 2007

Steve Campbell wrote:
> You are correct here Matt, but just shutting down things for a few
> minutes make the phones ring with angry execs at the end of the line.
>
> You probably know the rest of the story. Until I can upgrade, I add what
> I can to the lot.

Steve,

I'm in a similar situation to you. Phones ring immediately if anything
goes down, even for a couple of minutes.

That said, I keep our systems very patched and very much up-to-date. I'm
not sure what distro you're on, but I've done upgrades to Spamassassin
on a busy wednesday afternoon on our production machine (after first
testing the upgrade on a test box to make sure it works properly)
without anything more than a couple of seconds of downtime. That's about
as long as it takes for a "service MailScanner restart" command to take.

We're on Centos 4.x and keep everything updated using the yum command.

Think how much down time you could have if one of these well-known and
well-published vulnerabilities gets exploited and unleashed to your server.

My $0.02 worth.

Chris