Potential use for custom SPAM action ?

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Mon Jul 30 21:53:46 IST 2007

UxBoD wrote:
> Have been thinking what I could use this for and have this idea.
> Using
the idea from
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:rbls:all:your_own_onemore&s=rbl
how about if a certain SA score is achieved then it would write into a
MySQL table the IP, time, delta seconds since last seen and count. If
count > n times then write into the RBL the IP.

> What do you think ?

Simple is Good! But there are always those IPs that are shared and
deliver lots of mail(at least there are here!), so be sure to build some
whitelisting ability - by cidr blocks is best. Or, instead of output to
an rbl, you could generate iptables (DROP) rules to cost the spammer a
bit more. Might be nice to have an option for either rbldnsd or iptables
formatted output. :-)

Ken

--
Ken Anderson