Release beta 4.62.8

Richard Lynch rich at mail.wvnet.edu
Mon Jul 30 20:18:09 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:
> I have just released another new beta, due to a typo in the code in
> the previous one.
> -- As well as fixing that error, you should now find that "MailScanner
> --lint" does rather more than it used to. It now checks that your
> installed virus scanners actually successfully detect a virus.
I have never been able to get "MailScanner --lint" to work.  I get...

[root at otis ~]# MailScanner --lint
Cannot open config file --lint, No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 656.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 69.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 69.

Looks like it's trying to find a config file called "--lint".  This is
on a RHEL4 system.

What am I doing wrong?

Richard Lynch
WVNET