query if mailscanner using clamscan

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:09:50 IST 2007

On 7/29/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> The only thing I can think of is to ship with a copy of Eicar.

Please don't ship Eicar with MailScanner. That will make many of us
not able to download MailScanner since http-scanning will detect a
virus in it.

The ClamAV module used to contain Eicar so it could be used during
make test and it stopped me from downloading it. I got the author to
stop shipping Eicar and I hope you do to. Just let us get Eicar
ourselves. If it's present in the correct location it will be used for
the lint, otherwise not.

--
/peter