Inbound mails increase, MS get slow

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jul 30 17:13:51 IST 2007

jayesh shinde spake the following on 7/28/2007 2:28 AM:
> Dear All ,
>             I have the following 2 queries :--
> 1)
>         I  have Email server with  "Fc2 +sendmail(sendmail-8.12.11-4.6)
> + MailScanner + mailwatch+ f-prot + spamassassin-3.1.7-1+
> DCC+razor+pyzor+SpamAssassin rulesets "  which is acting as MX server
> and it is deliver  nonspam emails to othere server where pop email id
> are present.I am getting daily around 45,000+ mails on this MX
> server.(most of them are spams)
>
>       Now from 1-2 weeks i am getting lots spam  emails  on the MX
> server. Some time my inbound is gets very high i.e upto 12,000 .Because
> of this all the email are process very slowly, I observered  that the
> emails which are in inbound queue are not get scann immediatly, but the
> mails which are came after this inbound emails are get scann immediatly.
>      I  found one option in MailScanner.conf file i.e Max Normal Queue
> Size = 800
> I change this value as Max Normal Queue Size = 22000 and restart the
> Mailscanner.
> But my problem is not get solved by this.
>     Can any boudy plz guide what should be the correct setting should i
> do in MailScanner.conf file for this buzy server,so that even if inbound
> emails get increase MS proccess should not get slow.
>
> 2)
>      The MS mailing list  "search tab" is not working; is the MS mailing
> search site is   change for search tab ?  I  looking for this in
> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner
>
>      Plz guid me for the above
If you would consider upgrading to a newer Fedora version, sendmail (8.13) has
a new feature called "greet-pause" that can help with some of the spam load.
FC2 is somewhat outdated, and sendmail 8.12 has some nasty security
vulnerabilities.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and