Inbound mails increase, MS get slow

jayesh shinde jayesha_shinde at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 10:28:13 IST 2007

Dear All ,
             I have the following 2 queries :--
 1)
         I  have Email server with  "Fc2 +sendmail(sendmail-8.12.11-4.6) + MailScanner + mailwatch+ f-prot + spamassassin-3.1.7-1+ DCC+razor+pyzor+SpamAssassin rulesets "  which is acting as MX server and it is deliver  nonspam emails to othere server where pop email id are present.I am getting daily around 45,000+ mails on this MX server.(most of them are spams)

       Now from 1-2 weeks i am getting lots spam  emails  on the MX server. Some time my inbound is gets very high i.e upto 12,000 .Because of this all the email are process very slowly, I observered  that the emails which are in inbound queue are not get scann immediatly, but the mails which are came after this inbound emails are get scann immediatly.
      I  found one option in MailScanner.conf file i.e Max Normal Queue Size = 800
 I change this value as Max Normal Queue Size = 22000 and restart the Mailscanner.
 But my problem is not get solved by this.
     Can any boudy plz guide what should be the correct setting should i do in MailScanner.conf file for this buzy server,so that even if inbound emails get increase MS proccess should not get slow.

 2)

      Plz guid me for the above

 Thanks & Regards
 Jayesh Shinde