BarricadeMX experiences

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Jul 27 22:48:41 IST 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, DAve wrote:

> The longer this thread continues the less chance anyone will bother to report
> performance stats, techniques, or third party add ons to the list again.
>
> I doubt I would do so now.

Add-ons and techniques belong on the wiki, I have for several years
provided Qmail support for MailScanner, but you wouldn't know that
because you don't see me spamming the list saying so, only on a couple of
occasions where someone has asked I have referred them to the site, either
via list or private email.

I am however considering withdrawing that support, an alternative will
however remain with the more restrictive proprietory openprotect method
which I think they have recently updated, so I deem their good product
active and therefore if I choose to move from MailScanner back to MIMEDefang
its no loss to the Qmail community. I also wont announce its removal, It
along with me will just silently piss off :)