mailscanner.cf

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Fri Jul 27 22:38:16 IST 2007

On 7/27/2007 11:26 PM, Julian Field wrote:

> Scott Silva wrote:
>> Julian Field spake the following on 7/27/2007 11:34 AM:

>>> I'll try to make the RPM file remove the old link and replace it with
>>> the new one.
>>>
>>> Jules
>>>

>> You might want to test if it is actually a link, and not a file, if that is
>> possible with rpm.
>>
> Don't worry, I was going to do that anyway.
> But having read more comments from other people, it's not actually going
> to make much difference to most people what I call it, so I'm just going
> to leave it alone.

I applaud that decision and would even consider suggesting you use
local.cf for new setups and do away with spam.assassin.prefs.conf
altogether & write your defaults into local.cf (its designed for stuff
like this)
If you need to add a paramter to local.cf, its easyly appendable,
commented out and add a comment in changelog so ppl are not surprised by
new config options which *could* cause sideeffects and instructing to
enabled if needed

my 2 SA-Addict cents (just invented a new currency)

Alex