mailscanner.cf

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Jul 27 19:25:59 IST 2007

Kevin Miller wrote on Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:02:06 -0800:

> If it's a parsing problem,
> then put any customizations in local.cf (or make a Custom.cf if case
> matters) both of which should kick off before MailScanner.cf.

That's exactly the problem if it concerns scores. If you set a score in
local.cf that is set in MailScanner.cf the latter overrides the former.
You may not want that.

Thinking this over I don't quite understand, though, why MailScanner.conf
needs to comes last (or almost last). The shipping MailScanner.conf should
contain only scores that affect the *shipping* SA rules and these are not
in this directory! (except for local.cf which is definitely before M)

It should not contain scores for any third-party rules as not anybody has
them.

And the same is true for your own rules. If anybody puts his own rules in
there he just fell in that trap. As I said: put your own rules/scores in
your own file, obviously higher than M and all is well. There is
absolutely no need to rename MailScanner.cf. People putting there own
scores there simply do it wrong.

(btw: is there already an install option to avoid creation of the symlink
at all? If not I would like to see that.)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany