mailscanner.cf

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 16:30:54 IST 2007

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Greg Matthews wrote on Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:32:40 +0100:
>
>> Any chance this link could be renamed permanently? Or suggest a
>> different solution?
>
> The correct solution is to use your own scores and rules files and only
> edit pre-existing values in mailscanner.cf. Do not *add* any custom stuff
> here.

forgive me if I'm wrong but I am under the impression that there are
already score adjustments in this file as shipped with MailScanner...
bogus-virus-warnings for instance, I myself already have slightly
customised Bayes scores. Having custom score adjustments in different
places is daft and more work to maintain. Why not rename the file as
suggested and then all customisations will be read after other rulesets.

Glen's suggestion to create a second link would certainly work and
survive an upgrade but it is... inelegant, resulting in the custom .cf
file getting read twice. At the moment its probably the best solution
unless Jules renames the link.

GREG

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445