mailscanner.cf

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 15:32:40 IST 2007

I've just found a problem with the symbolic link
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf

The problem is that the .cf files are parsed in alphabetical order so if
you set a score in mailscanner.cf it may get reset by subsequent .cf
files. This is not merely academic, I stumbled on this whilst trying to
adjust the scores in pdfinfo.cf used by a lot of people recently to help
with the pdf attachment spam. The "correct" way to do this is to use a
line like:

score GMD_PDF_ENCRYPTED 1.0

in /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf which is linked to by
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf

The workaround was to rename the symbolic link zz-mailscanner.cf but
this will not survive an upgrade (presumably).

Any chance this link could be renamed permanently? Or suggest a
different solution?

GREG
--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445