Grreting card scams

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu Jul 26 22:30:11 IST 2007

UxBoD wrote:
> Then if one of those emails has been quarantined as SPAM, what happens if you run clamscan against the quarantined file?

I don't quarantine spam. I tag only.

However, If I copy one of the messages back onto the server and scan it with
clamscan, clamscan does detect it as a virus.

However, none of them have ever been detected as a virus while going through
MailScanner. Ever. (I just searched all my postmaster notices from MailScanner
and the word "You've" doesn't appear in any of them, which would be part of the
subject-line quite.).

Note that my MailScanner setup does detect phishing signatures.

ie:
    Report: ClamAV: msg-9454-234.html contains HTML.Phishing.Pay-36
    Report: ClamAV: msg-17765-74.html contains Email.Phishing.RB-1260

But there are no Email.Phishing.RB-1222's in there anywhere.