MailScanner and password protected archives

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Jul 26 13:06:34 IST 2007

So, Jules, what can we do about that? As I said this seems to have been
solved partially in 4.60.1

> - -- "clamavmodule" scanner no longer detects password-protected archives
> as viruses, allowing them to be easily released in MailWatch.

It's also not clear to me if the "Other Infection" message is because of
"Allow Password Protected Archives = no" (so set by MS) or because clamav
(not clamavmodule) detects password-protected archives as a virus (so set by
clamav).

One should be able to store and release password-protected archives with

Allow Password Protected Archives = no
Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = Yes

because a password-protected archive is not a virus per se.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany