install-Clam-0.91.1-SA-3.2.1.tar.gz configure error

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Wed Jul 25 15:44:48 IST 2007

>>> On 7/25/2007 at 9:13 AM, in message
<223f97700707250713t76f4d4b7yc5759be0c8a62d8e at mail.gmail.com>, "Glenn
Steen"
<glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> <223f97700707250053r5c7a032er1169fab581dc23a at mail.gmail.com>,
"Glenn
>> Steen"
>> <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:

>> included

>> > Brad, I'm pretty certain he will not. As is, such dependencies
are
>> for
>> > you to fix, not him... And it isn't "Julian" finding this
>> > discrepancy... it is clamav. Jules doesn't do anything with the
>> stock
>> > clamav source package. If you look at Jules' package, it only
>> contain
>> > clamav itself and ... perl packages ...
>>
>> Hi Glenn,
>> I'm perfectly fine with the Clam-SA installer not installing the
zlib,
>> my only intent was to point out that the installer failed and I
thought
>> I would post my observations to the MailScanner community.  My
original
>> email only posted my observations and the findings, it wasn't asking
for
>> help.
>
> Sorry, I must have extrapolated a bit then:-).
> Zlib (and zlib-devel) have been a problem for a longish time... This
> is an easy fix, so... Perhaps we thought there was more to your mail
> than there really was, especially your comment about "Jules deciding
> what to do"...:)

No harm done...
My comment about Julian deciding it is that 1) since he supports many
O/S flavors (to his credit), I may have tried an install combination
previously not considered and posted the results for his
review/consideration/decision.   I really wasn't thinking about the
impact on other O/S's, but perhaps a check/notify/bail for the zlib
package would be an good option.

>> > Same thing, almost, if you look at the MailScanner package...
Sure,
>> > you have some other things too, like tnef, but no libs in sight.
>> This
>> > is sane, since those libs would be installed by other measures...
It
>> > would be a nasty thing to handle, not to mention that the clamav
>> > package handles it nicely... Don't hold your reath waiting for
zlib
>> > and zlib-devel to be included;-).
>> >
>> > Then again, perhaps Jules installer should detect errors like
that
>> and
>> > pause afterwards, demanding some interaction ... Perhaps
something
>> one
>> > could turn on/off with an option?
>> > That might even be marginally useful:-):-)
>> >
>> I would like to be able to pass a "yes" option to the Clam-SA
installer
>> so the installer can be automated.
>>
> <SemiEvilDrin>
> yes | ./install.sh
> </SemiEvilGrin>
clever :-)

> But yes, something like that... or like the tar option, whether to
> bork out on errors or not...

I was thinking something like the MailScanner install script for the
Clam-SA script
ie...  install.sh --noprompt