MailScanner and password protected archives

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Jul 24 20:37:12 IST 2007

There was a discussion about this in April and the problem got supposedly
fixed with MS 4.60.1:

- -- "clamavmodule" scanner no longer detects password-protected archives
as viruses, allowing them to be easily released in MailWatch.

I'm not sure if that really fixes the problem. I've seen this problem
happen with clamav (not module) as well and it's not a Mailwatch problem.
The password-protected archive gets detected as "Other Infection" (as
shown by Mailwatch) and blocked. However, it does not get stored (no
viruses get stored) and that's the reason why a release is not possible.

Is this something I can fix in a clam.conf file or by another MailScanner
setting or is it still waiting to be fixed? I'm using 4.54.6, btw, and it
may have been fixed between 4.54.6 and 4.60.1 as a completely different
issue. But, at least, I can't find anything about it.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany