Request for comments 3

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Tue Jul 24 17:27:58 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:
>> e.g. store-nonspam will set $message->{isspam} = 0, store-mcp will set
>> $message->{ismcp} = 1 etc. and add the relevant paths in
>> $message->{quarantineplaces)??

> It wasn't going to do that, no. Simply choosing to store the message in
> a place doesn't change its spam status, surely?

Ok - true enough for spam, but to replace MCP with this new feature -
setting store-mcp would need to set $message->{ismcp} otherwise
MailWatch won't be able to tell the difference between them and the MCP
stuff will get lost in the noise (and won't get counted toward the MCP
stats).

>> One other minor thing that I noticed recently relating to this is that
>> if a message is marked as infected and deleted, MailScanner still
>> reports that the message was quarantined via
>> $message->{quarantineplaces} if keepspamachiveclean is set.

> Euch, that's going to take some finding. A job for another day.

Ok - I'll try and track this down.

Cheers,
Steve.