Request for comments 3

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Tue Jul 24 15:49:30 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> Steve Freegard wrote:
>> Hi Jules,
>>
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>> How about now? It's not in MCP yet, is that a problem? Shouldn't be,
>>> as it shouldn't actually make much difference to this functionality
>>> (it is working off SA rule names, not scores, so it doesn't matter if
>>> other rules fire as well).
>>
>> Exactly what I was thinking - wouldn't this new method enable MCP-type
>> things but without the need for a second SA run (and the rather large
>> associated overhead of doing this).
>>
>> You could simply create the MCP rules and score them as 0.001, then
>> use the new feature to quarantine if any of the MCP rule actually fire.
>>
>> The only thing lacking here is the ability to quarantine the file in
>> the mcp quarantine instead of the spam quarantine.  Maybe adding
>> 'store:mcp' could be an option to mark the message as MCP and store in
>> the MCP quarantine directory???
> I have just added 4 more actions:
> store-nonspam
> store-spam
> store-nonmcp
> store-mcp
> The original "store" action is still there and will work exactly how it
> always has done.

So can we believe that a dir structure like so is setup?

store-nonspam and store-nonmcp are stored here,
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/[date]/

store-spam is stored here,
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/[date]/spam/

store-mcp is stored here,
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/[date]/mcp/

DAve

Veterans?