Still getting false oversized ZIP

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:36:38 IST 2007

On 24/07/07, Remco Barendse <mailscanner at barendse.to> wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I am still getting message that zip files sent are oversized and therefore
> blocked, if i remember correctly it was due to clam giving false
> positives.
>
> I will google for the solution, but maybe in the meantime it would be nice
> to disable the feature of scanning for oversized zip files by default in
> MailScanner?

Not really, this is solely a clamav problem, AFAICS.

Did you upgrade clam resently? Perhaps skipping a few version? What
version _do_ you use? Do you use ClamAVModule? Did you relink it
(perhaps by "force") after the (possible) clamav upgrade? Did tyou
adjust the max compression ratio setting (upwards) in
MailScanner.conf?
So many questions...:-)
BTW, one more... Aren't you on Solaris or something? My memory isn't
that good, perhaps you should tell more about your setup:-).

> Cheers!
Indeed!

--
-- Glenn