Problem with MailWatch Logging

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:19:15 IST 2007

On 24/07/07, Fajar <fajarep at simplimobile.com> wrote:
> Sorry if I'm posting in wrong mailling list, maybe someone can help me.
Yes, this is the wrong forum. MailWatch has its own (very) active list.

> I think I mess with /linux mailscanner installation, when I'm adding
> mailwatch.pm into custom function,
> the message not logged into database. I saw this message :
> Could not use Custom Function code
> MailScanner::CustomConfig::InitMailWatchLogging, it could not be "eval"ed.
> Make sure the module is correct with perl -wc
> Can someone point me how to solve this?

A few things come to mind:
- Did you try check your module with "perl -wc /path/to/MailWatch.pm"?
What did it say?

- Do you perhaps run your MTA (perhaps Postfix?) as a normal
(non-root) user? In that case, have you checked that that user
actually can read the file where it's at?

- Did you perhaps edit the MailWatch.pm file in the CustomConfig
directory? If so, check that your editor hasn't put some
backup/checkpoint file in that directory... Some are famous for doing
that .... like emacs...

Lets start there and see where we go
Cheers
--