Request for comments 3

Jeroen Koekkoek jtm.koekkoek at home.nl
Mon Jul 23 10:20:30 IST 2007

Hi All,

I work for an ISP in the Netherlands and we use MailScanner to filter spam from ham. We currently use the LDAP backend to store rules. To let our customers make changes to their own rulesets, they would have to make changes to the default/global ruleset. This is a security issue since one user can make a change that could impact all users. In my spare time I came up with a solution, it's not yet implemented and I have to test the code I wrote. But basically it works like Postfix maps. Multiple maps can be specified, leaving the system default rules in txt files and allows our customer to make per user configuration settings.

This feature makes it easy for administrators to come up with their own backends (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, LDAP, flat files, etc) and allows for different backends in one configuration. I would be more than happy to mail my code once I tested it.

Regards.