Request for comments 3

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Mon Jul 23 10:03:53 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:
> How about this instead?
>
> SpamAssassin Rule Actions = rulename=>action, rulename=>action, ....
>
> the "rulename"s are the names of individual SpamAssassin rules, and the
> "action"s are list those in "Spam Actions". To specify multiple actions
> for a rule, you specify the rulename several times, with one action for
> each. Expressions with SpamAssassin rules are done with SpamAssassin
> meta-rules. If the rule hits, the action is taken.
>
> I'll write a few examples of meta-rules so you can see how to write them
> in spam.assassin.rules.conf or wherever they need to go. Mr Kettler, can
> you correct me on this please?
>
> Does this sound more useful than the previous suggestions?

Sounds good, yes.

Are the actions intended to *replace* the default non spam, spam or high
scoring spam actions, or are they taken in *addition* to those actions?

IMO additional actions would be more flexible, but would need the
ability to negate an action, i.e. take a particular action by default
*unless* such-and-such rule hits.

Non Spam Actions = deliver
Spam Actions = deliver,store
High Scoring Spam Actions = store

SpamAssassin Rule Actions =
	MY_BADSPAM_RULE=>not-store,
	MY_SPECIAL_RULE=>forward theboss at domain

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr