OT: Sendmail weirdness

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Sat Jul 21 22:37:38 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:
> So you have usernames in the passwd file that say "user at domain.tld"? How
> very odd.

Jules,

Right. I guess it was done this way to support multiple virtual domains.
If we just had "jsmith" then wouldn't we have an issue if there was a
"jsmith at domain1.com" and a different jsmith at "jsmith at domain2.com"?

> How come your sendmail is resulting in a user that is not just
> "testuser"? Solve that, and everything will start to work. You must have
> something odd in your config to cause that to happen. How about you post
> us a few of the relevant lines from each of the text files in your
> /etc/mail directory (and your /etc/aliases).

I'd happily zip the whole lot for you, but I'd rather not post them to
the list. Am I okay to email you directly with that?

Thanks,
Chris