MailScanner just stopped

Kevin Smith jediknight2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 23:55:49 IST 2007

I have something really odd going on on my server right now.  Today
MailScanner just STOPPED...I have changed NOTHING in the last month.  I can
see MailScanner running if I type in top...atleast four instances are
running at 20% CPU....I know the system is taking mail because I ran a
fetchmail and watched it connect and pull the message off of the server and
disconnect.

If I service MailScanner stop and then start sendmail...everything is
fine....

Any suggestions?  Where is the mail that it has grabbed?