MailScanner problem

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Jul 20 19:49:22 IST 2007

Gottschalk, David wrote:
> Yes, I'm in EST.
>
> I just found the problem myself too.
>
> It happened on one of my only boxes first because it updated before the
> others. Then all of the others went down too.
>
> I resolved it by removing clamav from the "Virus Scanners" option in
> MailScanner.conf. Luckly, I use two virus scanners. If you only use one,
> just disable it entirely temporarily.
>
> David Gottschalk
> david.gottschalk at emory.edu <mailto:david.gottschalk at emory.edu>

Hmmm, we are not running the new version of ClamAV yet except in
testing. So far I am considering that a wise decision on my part. Just
when I think issues in the new ClamAV are resolved, someone else gets a
bloody nose.

version 88.x is still catching everything and is stable as a rock, and
my pager is silent. Looks like we will sit out another update, or three,
before we take the plunge.

DAve

Veterans?